Saturday 7 April 2018

Inside the City Palace, Udaipur

Detail of painting of crocodile pool inside the palace
Coloured glass changing the light inside the room
Peeling paint has a strange beauty especially in these blues
Curved mirrored pieces in this mosaic
A glass room
This is huge, about the size of two average rooms
The artist's skill on walls and ceilings, sometimes using a one hair brush


Here are some of the 60 pictures I took on my last day in India at Udaipur. (See previous post.) The following morning we drove to the airport at Mumbai and got a plane to Delhi and from there another plane home to England.

Writing this will help me remember rich details of our trip that I would otherwise forget. I hope it will also entertain other people and who knows, perhaps encourage some to visit India for themselves. Thank you  for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment